Hello and welcome to Fawcett Nursery
To read more about the admissions process for nursery, please click here
In Nursery we learn through play and playful activities (for example, going on a listening walk, looking for shapes in the outdoor environment and making constructions). We have guided learning sessions with our teachers throughout the day in small groups. We gather together to sing songs, play games and listen to stories. Each half term our learning begins with a topic as a starting point to engage and inspire the children. Within this is the opportunity for the children’s own interests to develop and direct the course that the topic will take.
In Nursery we follow the EYFS curriculum which is based around the following seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
We also plan activities and resource our environment to encourage children to develop their own ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’. Beginning to develop these skills, such as perseverance, taking a risk, thinking critically and making links, will equip them as learners throughout school and beyond.
Things to bring to Nursery:
- A full change of spare clothes - Please ensure each item is named and available at Nursery every day (these can be left in a bag on your child’s peg)
- A pair of welly boots (again please label these with your child’s name and leave at Nursery on the welly racks)
- A warm, waterproof coat
- A sunhat (during the spring/summer months)
- A bag/book bag for your child’s drawings/paintings etc and letters
- If your child is still in nappies please provide spare nappies, nappy bags and wipes.
Provided by Nursery:
- Snack – a piece of fruit or vegetable (carrots, tomatoes, bananas, apples, pears, tangerines and raisins)
- Milk and water (water provided in a named water bottle)
- Morning session: 8:45 - 11:45am, afternoon session: 12:15 - 3:15pm
- If your child attends full day sessions there is a charge for the half hour lunch club from 11:45am-12.15pm. Children can bring a packed lunch or order a school meal.