Welcome to Year 5!
This year our topics will be:
- Autumn Term - Magic in the Making
- Spring Term - Our Universe
- Summer Term - Vile Victorians
You can find more information in the Learning Newsletter, Curriculum Overview and Curriculum Information documents which are on the tab to the right. This includes more detailed information about our topic and the national curriculum expectations for Year 5.
Every week children are expected to:
- Read at least 5 times a week, recording this in their reading records.
- Practise their weekly spellings. These can be found in your child's Google Classroom
- Practise their times tables.
In addition to this, across every half term (around 6-7 weeks), children can choose from the menu of homework activities. Please see the homework tab in your class page for further information and also your child's Google Classroom.
PE will take place on Tuesday and Thursday. On those days, children should come in to school in the morning wearing full PE kit as they will not be changing in school.
Please send your child to school with a named water bottle on Monday morning. They will bring the bottle home every day to be washed.
Please check this page for important news and updates. We are looking forward to an exciting year ahead!
From the Year 5 team