Welcome to Year 4!
This year our topics will be:
- Autumn Term - Ancient Greece
- Spring Term - The Anglo Saxons
- Summer Term - Is The Sky The Limit?
Starting off with our first topic, we'll be learning all about the lives, culture, and legacy of the Ancient Greeks. Moving into the Spring term, we'll be learning all about the Anglo Saxons. In the final term, we will be jumping into a fabulous book by John Boyne - The Terrible Thing that Happened to Barnaby Brocket. This will provide the inspiration for our third topic when we'll look at the peoples, art and culture of different countries around the world.
You can find more information in the Learning Newsletter, Curriculum Overview and Curriculum Information documents which are on the tab to the right. This includes more detailed information about our topic and the national curriculum expectations for Year 4.
Every week children are expected to:
- Read at least 5 times a week, recording this in their reading records.
- Practise their weekly spellings. These will be uploaded onto Google Classroom with some linked activities to complete. Children will be tested on their spellings on a Friday and given their new spellings for the week on the same day.
- Practise their times tables.
In addition to this, across every half term (around 6-7 weeks), children can choose from the menu of homework activities. Please see the homework tab in your class page for further information.
PE will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On those days, children should come in to school in the morning wearing full PE kit as they will not be changing in school.
Please send your child to school with a named water bottle each morning. They will bring the bottle home every day to be washed.
Please check this page for important news and updates. We are looking forward to an exciting year ahead!
Mrs Kirby and Miss Grant