Sports Premium Expenditure and Impact
The government provides primary schools with additional funding to enhance the schools' sports provision and promote healthy lifestyles.
The funding is intended to promote the following:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
We report annually on the use and impact of this funding.