Pupil Premium and Sports Premium Funding
Please click to the right to see our Pupil Premium Expenditure Report for 2018/19 and the plan for 2019/20
Children in Key Stage 2 do not benefit from the Universal Infant Free School Meal offer, however families on low incomes and/or in receipt of the benefits listed below are entitled to Free School Meals.
Please note if you are entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period after your employment ends, or you start working less than 16 hours a week, your children will be eligible for free school meals.
If you are eligible for free school meals on 31 March 2018, you will receive free school meals until March 2022, regardless of any change in your circumstances while the Department for Education (DfE) rolls out Universal Credits. There is no need for you to re-apply during this time, even if your child moves schools within Cambridgeshire.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018)
Please ensure that you register even if your children are in Key Stage 1 as the school will receive additional funding per pupil where families are identified as being eligible for Free School Meals, enabling us to provide a wide range of additional support.
It is easy to apply online for free school meals, please click here to be redirected, or you can speak to the Education Welfare Benefits Service on 01223 703 200.
Further information about Pupil Premium funding for your child and an online application can be found here
Who to contact for further help
If you need further help, you can contact the Council’s Education Welfare Benefits Team for information about:
- benefits which support children financially while at school or college
- applications for free school meals
Education Welfare Benefits Team
The Octagon, Shire Hall
Telephone: 01223 703 200
It is easy to apply online, please click here to be redirected, or you can speak to the Education Welfare Benefits Service on 01223 703 200.
Please see below for downloadable application forms.