Please check our class page, Click on Christ's Class - Miss Cerval-Peña. Weekly updates and photos.
To read more about the admissions process for nursery, please click here
Please can we remind parents that all children need spare clothes at school to be able to change into when and if needed. This could be from accidents but also general playing like painting and messy/water play. Please can you also make sure everything is labelled.
It is also a good idea to keep a jumper or cardigan at school to put on as and when needed. As we run an open door policy it can sometimes get a little chilly.
In Nursery we learn through play and playful activities (for example, going on a listening walk, looking for shapes in the outdoor environment and making constructions). We have guided learning sessions with our teachers throughout the day in small groups. We gather together to sing songs, play games and listen to stories. Each half term our learning begins with a topic as a starting point to engage and inspire the children. Within this is the opportunity for the children’s own interests to develop and direct the course that the topic will take.
In Nursery we follow the EYFS curriculum which is based around the following seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
We also plan activities and resource our environment to encourage children to develop their own ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’. Beginning to develop these skills, such as perseverance, taking a risk, thinking critically and making links, will equip them as learners throughout school and beyond.
Things to bring to Nursery:
- A full change of spare clothes - Please ensure each item is named and available at Nursery every day (these can be left in a bag on your child’s peg)
- A pair of welly boots (again please label these with your child’s name and leave at Nursery )
- A warm, waterproof coat
- A sunhat (during the spring/summer months)
- A bag/book bag for your child’s drawings/paintings etc and letters
- If your child is still in nappies please provide spare nappies, nappy bags and wipes.
Provided by Nursery:
- Snack – a piece of fruit or vegetable (carrots, tomatoes, bananas, apples, pears, tangerines and raisins)
- Milk and water (water provided in a named water bottle)
- Morning sessions only: 8:50 - 11:50am