Instrument of Government
1. The name of the Federation is THE TRUMPINGTON FEDERATION.
2. The names and categories of the schools in the Federation are:
- Fawcett Primary School - Foundation School
- Trumpington Meadows Primary School - Foundation School
3. The name of the governing body is “The governing body of The Trumpington
4. The governing body shall consist of the following (this depends on the number and
categories of schools in the federation under Part 4 of the Federation Regulations):
a. 2 elected parent governors (one parent governor elected or appointed by the
parents by each school in the Federation in accordance with Regulation 14 of
the Federation Regulations)
b. 1 LA governor
c. 1 headteacher (executive headteacher of the Federation)
d. 1 elected staff governor (elected by staff of the Federation)
e. 6 co-opted governors (of which up to 2 could be members of staff). The total
number of co-opted governors who are also eligible to be elected as staff
governors, so when counted with the elected staff governor and headteacher,
must not exceed one third of the total membership of the governing body.
f. 2 partnership governors (appointed by the governing body on the nomination of
parents of registered pupils)
5. Total number of governors: 13
(except at any time when the headteacher has given notice under Regulation 19 of
the Constitution Regulations that s(he) chooses not to be a governor, when the total
number of governors will be 12).
6. The term of office of all governors (other than the headteacher) is four years.
7. This instrument of government comes into effect on 1 September 2013.
8. This instrument was made by order of Cambridgeshire Local Authority on
31 August 2013.
9. A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governing body
(and the headteacher if not a governor).