Free School Meals and Pupil Premium Funding - Support for your child
What is Pupil Premium Funding?
Qualifying families can apply for Free School Meals with the County Council. This may also allow the school to receive additional funding called Pupil Premium Funding.
Pupil Premium funding is provided directly to the school and is used to provide extra support and learning opportunities.
Free School Meals - If you are eligible, please ensure that you apply, even if your child is in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 and therefore benefiting from Universal Infant Free School Meals the County Council. Pupil Premium funding is used to provide extra support and learning opportunities.
Do I qualify for Free School Meals or Pupil Premium Funding?
Families on low incomes and/or in receipt of the benefits listed below are entitled to Free School Meals, however families MUST apply themselves; school cannot do this on your behalf.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work fewer hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018)
How Do I Apply?
It is easy to apply online for free school meals, please click here to be redirected to Cambridgeshire County Council's website where you will find plenty more information.
Further information about Pupil Premium funding for your child and an online application can be found here
Who to contact for further help
If you need further help, you can contact the Council’s Education Welfare Benefits Team for information about:
- benefits which support children financially while at school or college
- applications for free school meals
Telephone: 01223 703 200
Please see below for downloadable application forms.