Equality Information and Objectives
At the Trumpington Federation we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
The Public Sector Equality Duty
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who are a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
At the Federation we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
Our admissions arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law. We are keen to ensure that the staffing of the school reflects the diversity of our community.
Our Equality Objectives
|Our Four Year Plan 2021 - 2025|
Fawcett site to be fully accessible
To close the gaps in achievement and progress between boys and girls and Pupil Premium and non-Pupil Premium children
To promote equality, diversity and inclusion actions across teaching and learning, our staff body and governing body.
Review the quality of curriculum and resources to ensure it reflects the diversity of our community
Develop the children’s understanding of human rights and the UNICEF rights of the child and implement a global perspective and understanding
Ensure children receive appropriate and timely support as required and support the emotional health and wellbeing of all children
Our progress towards achieving these targets is reviewed on a termly basis.
Protected characteristics and population information
The Equality Act 2010 protects people from discrimination on the basis of protected characteristics. Every person has several of the protected characteristics, so the Act protects everyone against unfair treatment.
In order to ensure that all pupils are protected from discrimination, the Federation collects information on protected characteristics.
Information on other groups of pupils
In addition to pupils with protected characteristics, we gather further information on the following groups of pupils:
- Pupils eligible for Free School Meals (FSM)
- Pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Disadvantaged group
- Pupils with English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Young carers
- Looked after children
- Other vulnerable groups
As the population at the Federation is constantly changing we have not published figures here, however you are able to request it via either school office - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org