Week Beginning 30th March
We hope your first week of learning from home has gone well. You are a super year group and we know that you will be managing brilliantly during these tricky times. It has been super to see all of the fantastic work you have been doing on Education City and Times Tables Rockstars. We have put up some more ideas of fun things to do at home in the 'Home Learning Updates' tab so please do have a look at that.
We are setting three days’ worth of work this week as Thursday is the start of the Easter holidays. For the days in the holidays, obviously we won’t be setting work but you are very welcome to use any of the resources on this page or on the 'Home Learning Updates' tab.
Our only request over the holiday is that you keep going with exercising regularly (the year 6 teachers have been doing the Joe Wicks PE lessons!), reading lots and communicating with each other!
- Activity 1: Listen to Chapter 1 of ‘Black Beauty’ https://stories.audible.com/pdp/B006OCAOMW?ref=adbl_ent_anon_sc_pdp_pc_0 and answer the comprehension questions (attached at bottom of this page)
- Activity 2: Add the following terms to your grammar dictionary: subordinating conjunction, co-ordinating conjunction, modal verb. For each term, provide multiple examples (within sentences) and a definition. You can use this website to help you https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhrrd2p
- Activity 3: The Dream Asylum comprehension questions (attached at bottom of this page)
Writing – See document ‘Writing activities for week beginning 30th March’ for full instructions
- Activity 1: plan a warning story
- Activity 2: write the warning story
- Activity 3: edit and self-assess warning story
- Activity 1: Play ‘destination unknown’ on Education City. https://ec1.educationcity.com/content/index/33203/8/2/NULL/NULL/NULL/false/FALSE/NULL/0/true/828020
- If you can’t access education city, you can do the same questions on the sheet attached below ‘Destination Unknown Maths questions’.
- Activity 2: Play ‘Find the Robber’ on NRICH https://nrich.maths.org/10736 . You can adjust the level of challenge by choosing your level.
- Activity 3: Complete a challenge from ‘Maths challenges fractions decimals and percentages’ (attached at the bottom of the page). You can choose your level of challenge.
If you have completed any homework projects (or any other projects!) we would love for you to send in a photo. Then we can share the projects on the website.
Here is a science lesson based on the series ‘Blue Planet’ https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/live-lessons/blue-planet-live-lesson/zn7tkmn
The Botanic garden is putting up daily quiz questions on its facebook page. https://en-gb.facebook.com/CUBotanicGarden/ . You don’t need a facebook account to look at the page – you just need to follow the link.
For other links to activities you can do from home, please see the ‘Home Learning Updates’ tab on the Home Learning page.
P.S. Happy Birthday to Zuzanna and Luigi!