Special Educational Needs CO-ordinator
The Trumpington Federation has an exciting opportunity for a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified teacher of SEND with a proven track record with management experience or who is ready to move into a position of responsibility. The role will initially be for both schools in the Federation.
They will be fully committed to ensuring that every SEN pupil achieves their potential. While the Head Teacher carries overall responsibility for school improvement, the SENCo has responsibility for providing professional guidance to support teachers in securing high standards of teaching and learning, as well as playing a major role in the development of the Federation and SEN policy and practice.
• Leading the development of SEN policy and provision throughout the school
• Teaching and learning for SEN
• Leading and managing staff
• Take responsibility for safeguarding and child protection
• Effective communication with parents and other stakeholders
• Additional SENCo specific responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Have SENCo Qualification or previous experience as a SENCo
• Experience of working with children of the relevant age
• Have effective behaviour management
• Have IT and data management skills.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 26th January 2022 for shortlisting Monday 31st January 2022
Interviews to be held Monday 7th February 2022
Salary: M1-M6 (depending on experience) plus SEN allowance