Fawcett Primary School and Nursery is a well-established school in the heart of Trumpington. The school is named in honour of Henry Fawcett, the distinguished Victorian academic and politician.
Fawcett school was built to meet the need of families moving into the new post-war housing in the area, originally with a separate junior school (opened in 1949) and infant school (opened in 1950). The infant and junior schools were amalgamated in 1989. The school has been through a period of rapid expansion and development and has grown from one to two forms of entry.