Non-class based SEND Coordinator – Full time role
The Trumpington Federation has an exciting opportunity for a non-class based Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo). We are looking for an inspirational SENCo to further develop and lead inclusion and SEN teams within our schools. You would join a highly committed and experienced Inclusion team (comprising an Assistant Head, Inclusion coordinator and Family Support Worker) where we can offer a dedicated Inclusion office and the chance to work in an excellent working school environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified teacher of SEND with a proven track record and management experience or who is ready to move into a position of responsibility. The role will be for our Fawcett site, but benefitting from working with staff at both schools in the Federation.
The successful candidate will be fully committed to ensuring that every SEN pupil achieves their potential. While the Executive Head Teacher and Head of School carry overall responsibility for school improvement, the SENCo has responsibility for providing professional guidance to support teachers in securing high standards of teaching and learning, as well as playing a major role in the development of the Federation and SEND policy and practice.
• Leading the development of SEN policy and provision throughout the school
• Teaching and learning for SEND
• Leading and managing staff
• Support the team in managing safeguarding and child protection
• Effective communication with parents and other stakeholders
• Additional SENDCo specific responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Have SENDCo Qualification or previous experience as a SENDCo or be willing to undertake the qualification
- Experience of working with children of the relevant age
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a team
- Have effective behaviour management
- Have IT and data management skills.
Closing date: 15th July 2022
Interview date TBC
Salary: M1-M6 (could be negotiated to upper pay scale depending on experience) plus SEN allowance
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packs can be found by clicking on the link below.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced D.B.S. and full pre-employment checks. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.