Children are encourage to take part in the Mile Challenge with their class. Once the following distances have been completed, the class will receive a certificates to celebrate their achievement.
80 miles Trumpington - Skegness
120 miles Trumpington - Brighton
200 miles Trumpington - Darlington
330 miles Trumpington - Paris
500 miles Trumpington - Dijon
Benefits of the Mile Challenge
* Improves physical, social, emotional, and mental wellbeing.
* Class experience the pleasure of being outside in all seasons.
* Inclusive, gives opportunities beyond traditional PE and school sport for all children to succeed.
* Inspiring children and young people to be confident to run freely, enjoy being outside and
engage with running events.
* Increased physical activity is linked to enhanced attainment.
* Builds resilience.