Update: Thursday 2nd April
Today, some members of the Trumpington Federation are meeting together, virtually, to read to you our own version of the book: Stay at home.
Find your template and certificate at the bottom of this page 🦸♀️ 🦸♂️
During a school closure we will be adding work onto our Year 1 webpage on the school website. If you go to our Year 1 webpage and click on home learning you will find packs of work to complete. As well as this, there will be activities uploaded onto Education City. Your children's login should be in there yellow spelling folder. If you can't find this please email the office email and we will send them to you as soon as possible.
Below is a list of activities for you to pick and choose from. Have fun!
- phonic sound to learn this week is ‘ph’ as in phone.
- Please continue to revise all the sounds to date in their purple folders, especially the tricky diagraphs (sh,th, ch, ai, or, er, ea, etc.), triagraphs (igh, air, ere, eer) and split diagraphs (i-e, e-e, o-e, a-e, u-e).
- Play games on phonics play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Hide the sounds around the house. Find them and write them down.
- Enjoy reading at home!!
- Magazines, fiction books, non-fiction books, cook books, poetry, counting books etc.
- Use your phonics to decode words or hunt for the sounds in your books.
- Please keep your reading record up to date.
- Listen to stories on cbeebies iplayer.
- Play lots of board games
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Measure objects and family members.
- Practice matching numerals and written numerals eg. 1 and one.
- Write a fiction book. Make up your own stories at home.
- Write a non - fiction book - for example, an information text or recount.
- Practise your handwriting
- Practise the Year 1 common exception words, high frequency words and your spellings in your yellow folder.
USEFUL WEBSITES FOR ADDITIONAL LEARNING:
Lots of website are offering amazing free resources to help parents and children with learning at home.
White Rose Maths Learning (Video tutorials for parents and worksheets).
Oxford Owl (Over 100 free ebooks for all ages)
Classroom Secrets home learning packs (maths, reading and writing activities for all year groups)
Twinkl School Closure Packs (lots of resources for most subjects in all year groups)
BBC Bitesize (Interactive resources and videos for all subjects)
Phonics Play (Free phonics games and videos)
Topmarks (Free maths games)
- Best wishes
Year 1 Team
Mrs Godfrey, Miss Williams, Mrs Begum and Mrs Gordon