The Trumpington Federation Governing Body covers Fawcett Primary School and Trumpington Meadows Primary School.
Governors monitor the performance of the schools in our Federation. They protect the interests of the schools and the children, offer guidance and support and promote good communication with parents. They work with school staff to oversee the curriculum, manage the finances and ensure that all aspects of the Federation's provision are of a consistently high standard.
The Governing Body acts as a critical friend to the schools. They work closely with the Executive Headteacher and School Leadership Teams and make decisions collectively.
They conduct their business through meetings, using relevant documents and advice from the Executive Headteacher for guidance. We are fortunate to have an extremely committed and skilled Governing Body who take a keen interest in the Federation and its continued development and success
The Full Governing Body meets twice a term and the two sub-committees, Teaching & Learning and Resources meet a minimum of once a term.
The legal responsibilities of the Governing Body are to:
- Help raise standards of education and achievement
- Plan the schools’ future direction
- Take general responsibility for the conduct of the school
- Manage the school budget, including staff numbers and pay
- Make sure the curriculum is balanced and broad and that the school meets the requirements of the national curriculum.
- Set targets for achievement
- Report National Curriculum and assessment results
- Decide how the school encourages pupils’ spiritual, moral, and cultural development
The Governing Body Co-Chairs are Liz Woodham and Gavin Davies who can be contacted via the Clerk to Governors (see below) or via email@example.com.
Governors can be contacted via either school or via the Clerk to Governors, at firstname.lastname@example.org