👩🏻💻 👨🏻💻 HOME LEARNING 👩🏻💻 👨🏻💻
Update: Friday 3rd April
🐰 Happy Easter Holidays!🐰
Even though it might not feel like it given the unusual circumstances, the 2nd April officially marked the start of the school Easter Holidays. I want to assure you that I do not expect you to complete home learning activities over the holidays and, as such, these daily activities will not be updated on the website during this period. As with any other holiday, I think it’s important that you get a chance to relax and to recharge the batteries. However, if you do find you are itching to do something, the general home learning tab will be really useful – there are lots of websites and ideas to keep you busy! 😀
I also wanted to a say a massive well done and thank you to everyone for all for your hard work so far! I know that things are a bit strange and a bit difficult right now, but it’s absolutely fantastic that you have been continuing to keep up with your learning. Remember you can always send pictures of any work or activities you’ve been doing to the office email address – they will forward this on to me. I would love to see what you have been up to because I miss you all very much!
Take care and stay safe everyone. Have a wonderful Easter! 🐰 🐣🍫
Update: Thursday 2nd April
Update: Thursday 2nd April
Hello! I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I miss you all lots!
Due to the high numbers of children accessing Education City at this time, I realise that some of you have encountered some issues getting onto this site. In case of such issues, I have added a "general home learning resources" page. This has lots of websites and links to give you some additional ideas to help with learning at home. In addition, after the Easter Break, I will be still be adding Education City activities, but alongside this I'll be including some other activities for the children to do to add some variety to their learning. I hope this helps.
Take care and stay safe!
I have created this page so that the children can continue to do some learning at home. It's really important that they try to do learning activities every day to build on all the things we've learnt in class and to ensure that they don't forget all the exciting things we've done in school!
What will your child need to complete these home learning tasks? 🤷♀️
- Look at the guide timetable below to help your child to organise their daily learning.
- Look at the activities for the appropriate week and day. This can be found by clicking the "week beginning" tab on the right.
- Your child's Education City and Times Table Rockstars logins.
- A phone, tablet or laptop to complete any online activities.
- Some paper, a pencil and a suitable space for your child to complete their learning.
Have fun learning, stay safe and keep washing those hands! 😀
It is, of course, up to you as to how you timetable in your child’s activities. However, we have provided a rough guide as to how you might do this in case it helps. It is really important to try and stick to a routine as much as you are able. This will hopefully make things easier for your child (and for you!).
Menu of Times Tables Activities
- Go to Times Tables Rockstars to practise - https://ttrockstars.com/
- Go to Maths Frame Multiplication Check to practise - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check
- Use the x table flashcards below - you can simple use them to practise, but you could also play a matching/pairs game or snap to make things more fun!
- Go to Hit the Button to practise - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Menu of Physical Activities
- Complete a workout from the Internet - you can find lots of ideas on You Tube. For example, Joe Wicks has created several workouts for children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN0h6EZd6TM He will also be doing LIVE workouts every day at 9am!
- Take a walk or run in the park
- If you have a garden, run around this 10 times (or more/less depending on the size of your garden...!)
- Put your favourite music on and DANCE :)
- Ride your bike or scooter
- Do some yoga - this website has some kid friendly yoga activities: https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Complete this simple circuit workout: 1. Do 30 seconds of star jumps. 2. Do 30 seconds of running on the spot. 3. Do 30 seconds of sit ups. 4. Do 30 seconds of push ups. 5. Rest for 1 minute. 6. Repeat this circuit 2 more times!
This is an incredibly difficult and unpredictable time for all of us. Here are some resources and ideas which might help if your child is feeling worried or confused.
- Tips for if you're worried about Coronavirus: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51887051
- How to cope when you can’t go to school because of Coronavirus: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51656718
- Talking to your child about Coronavirus: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Helpful information to answer children’s questions about Coronavirus: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
Wellbeing and self-care activities:
If you are feeling a little upset or worried, have a go at one of these activities. They can really help to make you feel more positive. 😀
- Write down 5 things that you are grateful for.
- Keep a journal or diary to write down your thoughts.
- Take a silly picture with a family member!
- Look up at the sky and make shapes with the clouds.
- Go outside or look out the window. What can you see? Make note of those things which make you feel happy or you think are beautiful.
- Close your eyes and listen carefully. What can you hear?
- Tell a joke to a family member! Why not have a go at writing your own jokes!
- Write a positive note to yourself or a family member.
- Have a go at some meditation. Headspace have some great ideas: https://www.headspace.com/meditation/kids
- Close your eyes and take 5 slow, deep breaths. Place your hand on your tummy and feel the air go in and out.
- Put some of your favourite songs on and have a sing-a-long!
- Practise some breathing techniques using the Chill Panda app: https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/chill-panda/
- Tidy and de-clutter your bedroom.
- Put your favourite song on and DANCE! :)
- Do some mindfulness colouring - you can use the sheets below.
- Take a warm bubble bath. Why not have a go at making your own bath bombs? Recipe can be found here: https://childrens-binary.files.bbci.co.uk/childrens-binarystore/cbbc/bp-bath-bomb-new.pdf
- Draw a picture of something which makes you feel happy.
- Watch a funny video on YouTube. This is short but it will make you giggle: https://youtu.be/nG2rNBFzkGE